Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Is This REALLY Good For Me, Investigate for Yourself!

Today I have found myself in a fairly unique situation in that I have over baked for my 
business so I have decided to take today and tomorrow off. 
I have been wanting to write a blog for a while and have started many times, but 
today is the day. As I thought about what I wanted to say I keep coming ask to the 
one thought that we live in a country that still affords us some choices in our lives 
and that we are still responsible for making good choices for ourselves and our 
families, if that still applies. I find as I have gotten older I have made many choices 
that I may not have made if I had more information while in my youth.
The kids are grown and I see them making decisions without any input from me, as 
it should be, good or bad, they will live with the outcome as I did.
The only choices I see now are that of my husband and I, our health being the primary 
one, if you don't have your health, everything would become more difficult in my eyes.
As a board Certified Health Coach, I see many friends with Cancer, Fibromyalgia, 
Diabetes, weight issue or simple aches and pains that are keeping them from living 
their lives more fully, yet I have learned that people just don't want to hear it.
I am not a huge fan of Western Medicine, yet in some cases I do believe it has its place.
With our country allowing all the chemicals that the Big Pharma and Monsanto as well
as others being called safe how can we not be overcome by disease and death? 
Republican, Democrat, whatever your party affiliation may be there it doesn't really 
matter, the popular vote in my opinion doesn't mean much as the delegates seem 
to decide who THEY want and too bad for the rest of us.
So what can we do? Well, In my opinion, we need to take our health into our own hands.
We need to be proactive and start to read our labels, do some research on what we 
think would be good choice for our lives and diets before we take steps to change it.
I’m not saying that if you are diagnosed with Cancer to turn your back on your doctor, 
although I have heard of a few people who did just a hat, started juicing organic 
veggies and are now cancer free, yet I have been told by at least one cancer 
patients their doctor told them not to change or diet. WHY? 
I have always had more questions than answers, but if I am on chemo, 
that is suppose to be bullet proof, why can't I change my eating habits?


* I believe that most everything that we have been diagnosed with is directly 
attributed to what we eat *
Can you reverse what you have, there is research to back up that you possibly can,
but you are told, oh just take this pill and you will be fine.
I'm sorry what is in that pill? Would your doctor or political representative take it?
Remember when Bill Clinton nearly died and then he stopped eating fast food, 
switched to a vegan diet and he is still here! If I remember correctly his doctor 
suggested this to him, yet the outcome was because of a conscious effort made 
on the patient’s efforts and restraints of what he chose to put in his mouth.
His wife was paid 35k to speak at a Monsanto function per Yahoo News, 
but whatever.
I had a gentleman come up to me just last week at the farmers market who 
asked if I had dairy free items, I said “Only Peanut Butter Cookies”, he turned 
and walked away only to return and try to scold me because I didn’t have enough
dairy free items for sale. He went on to tell me 
that instead of using butter that I could switch to one of the many oils on the market
and then  my baked goods would be dairy free.
I explained to him that I am a Gluten Free Baker,  and that I actually just made the 
decision to switch from oil to butter because there is so much crap like Trans-Fats 
and other things in said oils that I do not want to pass along to my customers. 
I swear I saw fire in his eyes, yet he said thank you and left.
I am not a vegan baker. 
I also believe that the more natural foods are the best, 
the closest to the real thing without all the processing is the best. 
Butter is pretty close to the cow.


Several days after rethinking this conversation I had with him, it dawned on me 
how odd it was for a man to leave my table, walk two tables away and then return 
to complain, almost like many women I know that just can’t let it go, me included, 
(LOL) (it takes one to know one) it dawned on me that he was probably lactose 
intolerant and was supplementing his dairy needs with soy.
BOOM! There it was! Lots of people have bought into believing that soy is a 
great supplement, but is it a good one for you? 
Are you alright with the possible GMO soy or how it may effect you now
and in the long run??
Soy has phytoestrogens, that can cause a myriad of problems including estrogen 
problems for men.
check out this article from Men’s Health: 
https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects


Bottomline is this in my opinion:
You must be proactive for YOUR health, if you want to go with western medicine 
and trust your doctor, that is fine but it wouldn’t hurt to start educating yourself
on what they are suggesting that you put into your body and why.
We had a conventional western medicine doctor on OUR LAST VISIT to him
who said to me 
“Look it up and do some investigating of your own on this medication”, 
~ That is just what I did…


Wishing You Good Health,
Toni


No comments:

Post a Comment